By Robert Louis Stevenson
* ALL 12 Novels and all up to date with concise introductions, giving helpful contextual information
* the various texts are illustrated with the unique Victorian paintings, together with TREASURE ISLAND and DR JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE
* each brief tale and brief tale collection
* entrance no-nonsense contents desk permitting effortless navigation round the enormous file
* Texts organised into scholarly chronological order and divided into literary forms
* the whole poetry and plays
* all the collaboration works with different authors
* Even comprises the entire letters, with their contents table
* thousands of pictures on the subject of Stevenson’s existence and works
* The textual content has been conscientiously formatted in your enjoyment
* various pictures on the topic of Stevenson's lifestyles and works
* not less than 3 BONUS biographies – discover Stevenson’s adventurous existence via modern biographers – all with their very own specified contents tables
Read or Download Complete Works of Robert Louis Stevenson PDF
Best british literature books
Eight impressive Sherlock Holmes tales, together with his dramatic ultimate adventure.
Years have handed on account that he tangled with Irene Adler and Professor Moriarty, due to the fact he solved the mysteries of the Red-Headed League and the Hound of the Baskervilles, yet even in retirement Sherlock Holmes is still as sharp witted and inimitable as ever. great thing, simply because England wishes him and his dependable good friend Dr. Watson now greater than ever. at the eve of global struggle I, German brokers have infiltrated the British army; the most important kingdom secrets and techniques are inside their clutch. in simple terms Holmes and Watson can foil the Kaiser’s spies and rescue the kingdom from a destiny too lousy to imagine.
In addition to the identify story—one of literature’s so much exciting swan songs—this assortment comprises “The event of Wisteria Lodge,” “The experience of the card Box,” “The event of the Devil’s Foot,” and 4 different desirable mysteries showcasing Arthur Conan Doyle and his most famed production on the top in their amazing powers.
This publication contains a new advent via Otto Penzler and has been professionally proofread to make sure accuracy and clarity on all units.
HarperCollins is proud to provide its tremendous diversity of best-loved, crucial classics. highly bold in its ancient concentration and gigantic geographical scope, Antony and Cleopatra is one in all Shakespeare’s such a lot surprising tragedies. The drama centres at the relationships among his major protagonists, Octavius Ceasar, Mark Antony and Cleopatra, and the hugely charged affair among Mark Antony and the Egyptian queen that types the backdrop to the pervading topic of fight among East and West in the course of the play.
The unique CliffsNotes learn publications supply professional remark on significant topics, plots, characters, literary units, and ancient historical past. the most recent new release of titles during this sequence additionally function glossaries and visible components that supplement the vintage, well-known structure.
Question Victorian — and present-day — society as you examine Charlotte Bronte's renowned novel with CliffsNotes on Jane Eyre. what's women's place in society? what's the courting of desires and fable to truth? what's the foundation of a good marriage? Bronte tackles these kind of questions and extra in the course of the tale of her heroine Jane Eyre.
CliffsNotes offers certain plot summaries, severe commentaries, and a worthwhile personality map that can assist you discover all of the perception this novel has to supply. Make your examine of this undying novel successful with CliffsNotes on Jane Eyre. different positive factors that assist you research contain
• personality analyses of significant gamers
• severe essays
• A evaluate part that exams your wisdom
• heritage at the writer, together with profession highlights
Classic literature or glossy modern day treasure — you'll know it all with professional info and perception from CliffsNotes research publications.
With the 3 works integrated during this volume--Paradise misplaced, Samson Agonistes, and Lycidas—Milton positioned himself subsequent to Shakespeare, Dante, and Homer as one of many maximum literary genius in background.
- The Sea, The Sea (Vintage Classics)
- Complete Works of George Eliot
- Titus Andronicus (The Pelican Shakespeare)
- The Sea, The Sea (Vintage Classics)
- The Complete Mapp & Lucia, Volume 2: Mapp and Lucia, Lucia’s Progress, Trouble for Lucia (Wordsworth Classics)
- Selected Works: John Wilmot
Extra resources for Complete Works of Robert Louis Stevenson
For Butler, reading suggests the possibility of exposing failure, those places where the text, in this case the costume, mannerisms, posture or gestures, make-up, delivery, of the drag artist, does not achieve the naturalized effect, and belief is established with that necessary degree of instantaneity. Yet, as I have proposed, the manifestation of the performer is, itself, an act of reading, of translation and interpretation, which takes time. This time taken, in determining what asserts realness and thus resists reading, is nothing other than the time of reading, of assembly and delineation, accretion and in-habitation.
The language of critique is effective … to the extent to which it overcomes the given grounds of opposition and opens up a space of translation: a place of hybridity … […] The progressive reading is crucially determined by the adversarial or agonistic situation itself; it is effective because it uses the subversive messy mask of camouﬂage and does not come like a pure avenging angel speaking the truth of a radical historicity and pure oppositionality. Homi K. Bhabha, ‘The Commitment to Theory’ (1994, 23–4, 25, 26) 02 pages 001-172 20 3/2/03 10:10 Page 20 Readings What is to be done?
There is the matter of orientation in the face of a resistance to theory in the name of reading, a readingtowards-socialism, or the matter of learning how to read that accent of deviation which determines the reading of others. There is, furthermore, the situation of reading and its orientation to that which apparently prohibits or proscribes reading, yet which, nonetheless, situates itself as a reading between the lines or against the grain, whether what is being spoken of is political discourse or the drag performance.