By Joseph Conrad
- illustrated with many photos when it comes to Conrad's existence and works through the eBook
- all 19 novels, annotated with concise introductions
- even the infrequent unfinished novel Suspense now not to be had wherever else as a electronic book
- all 28 brief tales, amassed and professionally formatted
- all the memoirs and literary criticism
- up-to-date with more suitable formatting, introductions and contents tables
Read Online or Download Complete Works of Joseph Conrad PDF
Best british literature books
Eight awesome Sherlock Holmes tales, together with his dramatic ultimate adventure.
Years have handed considering that he tangled with Irene Adler and Professor Moriarty, due to the fact he solved the mysteries of the Red-Headed League and the Hound of the Baskervilles, yet even in retirement Sherlock Holmes is still as sharp witted and inimitable as ever. great point, simply because England wishes him and his dependable good friend Dr. Watson now greater than ever. at the eve of global warfare I, German brokers have infiltrated the British army; the most important country secrets and techniques are inside their seize. merely Holmes and Watson can foil the Kaiser’s spies and rescue the state from a destiny too lousy to imagine.
In addition to the identify story—one of literature’s so much exciting swan songs—this assortment contains “The experience of Wisteria Lodge,” “The experience of the card Box,” “The event of the Devil’s Foot,” and 4 different fascinating mysteries showcasing Arthur Conan Doyle and his most famed production on the peak in their striking powers.
This e-book includes a new creation by way of Otto Penzler and has been professionally proofread to make sure accuracy and clarity on all units.
HarperCollins is proud to offer its outstanding diversity of best-loved, crucial classics. highly bold in its ancient concentration and immense geographical scope, Antony and Cleopatra is one among Shakespeare’s so much awesome tragedies. The drama centres at the relationships among his major protagonists, Octavius Ceasar, Mark Antony and Cleopatra, and the hugely charged affair among Mark Antony and the Egyptian queen that varieties the backdrop to the pervading topic of fight among East and West during the play.
The unique CliffsNotes examine publications provide professional statement on significant issues, plots, characters, literary units, and old history. the newest new release of titles during this sequence additionally function glossaries and visible parts that supplement the vintage, normal structure.
Question Victorian — and present-day — society as you examine Charlotte Bronte's renowned novel with CliffsNotes on Jane Eyre. what's women's place in society? what's the courting of desires and delusion to truth? what's the foundation of a good marriage? Bronte tackles these kind of questions and extra during the tale of her heroine Jane Eyre.
CliffsNotes offers designated plot summaries, serious commentaries, and a important personality map that can assist you discover all of the perception this novel has to supply. Make your examine of this undying novel a hit with CliffsNotes on Jane Eyre. different gains that assist you examine contain
• personality analyses of significant gamers
• severe essays
• A overview part that assessments your wisdom
• heritage at the writer, together with occupation highlights
Classic literature or glossy modern day treasure — you'll comprehend it all with specialist details and perception from CliffsNotes research courses.
With the 3 works incorporated during this volume--Paradise misplaced, Samson Agonistes, and Lycidas—Milton put himself subsequent to Shakespeare, Dante, and Homer as one of many maximum literary genius in background.
- Coriolanus (HarperPerennial Classics)
- The Merry Wives of Windsor (HarperPerennial Classics)
- The Monk
- Lady Chatterley's Lover
Extra resources for Complete Works of Joseph Conrad
50) and densely researched (the author gave up his law practice to write it), Wallace’s epic story of Ben Hur – Prince of Judea, galley slave, chariot jockey, and, ﬁnally, Christian disciple – was slow to take off. But, boosted by Sunday-school commendation, sales had reached the million mark when in 1913, Harper’s sold a further one million copies, at one go, to the department store Sears, Roebuck – the biggest ever single order for a work of ﬁction. The spectacular ﬁlm version of 1925, starring Ramon Novarro, led to another boom in Ben Hur’s sales, as did the Charlton Heston (Gore Vidal-scripted) 1959 movie.
Buck’s The Good Earth and John Steinbeck’s East of Eden superannuated bestsellers decades after they had ﬁrst ﬁgured in the lists. Most amazingly, George Eliot’s Middlemarch was, for a month or two, the bestselling ﬁction paperback in the UK in spring 1994, on the strength, again, of a massively popular television dramatization by Andrew Davies. In the absence of such extraordinary circumstances, like the snows of yesteryear, once the bestseller’s brief season is gone, it is gone for good. For those of a curious disposition, this relates to one of the bestseller’s perennially fascinating aspects.
Are there cyclical patterns? Bestsellers In his study of the subject, Making the Lists, Michael Korda suggests that there are cyclical patterns in the American bestseller. Like the Laffer curve in economics, or boom/bust sequences in the housing market, the same kinds of book recur over time with meaningful regularity in the bestseller lists. The Korda thesis may be tested (and, arguably, conﬁrmed) by reference to ‘religious bestsellers’ – novels that take on themselves the Miltonic task of explaining the ways of God to man.