By Nathan Ooley
Beginning iOS Cloud and Database Development will get you began with development apps that use Apple's iCloud. you will research the thoughts so one can allow you to devise and create iOS apps that may engage with iCloud servers. From the fundamentals up, you will steadily how you can configure your app for iCloud, add and obtain documents, enforce revisions, upload clash solution guidelines, and paintings with customized records.
There's extra! you are going to the best way to combine iCloud with middle facts dependent purposes. in addition to technical suggestion, you will find feedback and top practices to layout the interplay of iCloud-driven functions.
According to many resources, analysts, and indicates, Apple will depend a growing number of on iCloud or net apps within the cloud to shop and circulation data-intensive media and other forms of apps. because the majority of apps use a few type of data—and that simply will develop as apps develop into extra advanced with wealthy and streaming media—this booklet indicates builders the right way to create apps for iCloud, Apple's new cloud computing garage and information service.
Read Online or Download Beginning iOS Cloud and Database Development PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
A full-color reference for purchasing the main from your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10. 1! an unlimited development over the unique Galaxy Tab, the ten. 1 makes use of the most recent model of the Android working method and is a 4G LTE cellular equipment. those upgrades—along with many others, together with the higher display caliber, greater net searching with Flash, and higher multitasking capabilities—are all coated during this enjoyable and pleasant advisor to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
The iPhone is the most popular equipment of our iteration, and masses of its good fortune has been fueled via the App shop, Apple's on-line market for iPhone functions. Over 1 billion apps have been downloaded through the 9 months following the release of the App shop, starting from the easiest video games to the main advanced enterprise apps.
The hugely expected arrival of the Droid 2 runs at the most up-to-date model of Google's cellular working procedure and boasts a set of apps that wirelessly synchronize with Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Maps, and Microsoft alternate. final For Dummies writer Dan Gookin exhibits you ways to maximise the functionality of your Droid 2 phone in his targeted fun-and-friendly demeanour, protecting your hand the full manner.
- Model-based Health Monitoring of Hybrid Systems
- Samsung Galaxy S For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
- The internal construction of the stars
- BlackBerry Development Fundamentals
- Essential App Engine Building High-Performance Java Apps with Google App Engine
- Tools for High Performance Computing 2013: Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on Parallel Tools for High Performance Computing, September 2013, ZIH, Dresden, Germany
Extra resources for Beginning iOS Cloud and Database Development
Click Next. Figure 4-9. Select the development team you want to associate this application 5. In the Finder dialog, select the location you want to save your project (as shown in Figure 4-10) and then click Create. 31 32 CHAPTER 4: Basic Setup of iCloud and Key-Value Storage Figure 4-10. Choose where to save your project Configuring Your Project with iCloud Support Now that you have a project, let’s configure it: 1. Select the project navigator by clicking the Folder icon in the Navigator pane.
8. Ctrl-drag from the first text field to the Settings View Controller and select delegate under Outlets. 9. Ctrl-drag from the Settings View Controller to the second text field and select txtFavoriteNumber. 10. Ctrl-drag from the second text field to the Settings View Controller and select delegate under Outlets. 11. Ctrl-drag from the Close Bar Button Item to Settings View Controller and select “btnClosePressed:” under Sent Actions. Now you can build and run your app in the simulator. You should see the defaults when you first open the app.
We can now enumerate through each of the keys in the changedKeys array and write those key-value pairs to our user defaults. We call objectForKey: on kvStore and pass it the current key assigning the object to the variable value. Next, we call the method setObject:forKey: on userDefaults to assign the value to the proper key. That is all there is to it. We are now set up to receive changes from the iCloud Key-Value Store and write changes to them. You may notice though, that we haven’t called our method updateKeyValue StoreKey:withObject yet.