By Guy Hart-Davis
Unlock the total strength of Your Android™ telephone or capsule
Discover 1000's of counsel and methods you should use instantaneously together with your Android gadget to get extra performed, and feature extra enjoyable.
You’ll the right way to use your Android cellphone or capsule as a strong conversation, association, and productiveness instrument in addition to a feature-packed leisure equipment. you'll dig deep into the settings and features of either Android itself and the preinstalled apps, constructing the data and abilities to use them to the fullest.
Easy to appreciate and non-technical, Android suggestions and methods is excellent for beginners—and for more matured clients able to ramp up their productiveness or movement to more recent units. It covers all new and up to date Android smartphones and pills operating Android 6 (Marshmallow) or Android five (Lollipop)—with bonus, in-depth insurance of Samsung’s regular TouchWiz pores and skin.
Here’s only a sampling of what this book’s tips, tips, and strategies can help you do:
· connect with instant and mobile networks, to keyboards and Bluetooth units, and through VPNs
· remodel your machine right into a transportable wireless hotspot, and proportion net connections through USB or Bluetooth
· safe Android with monitor and SIM locks, situation settings, and encryption
· Sideload apps from any resource and continue undesirable apps from loading
· Take Gmail to professional point with signatures, holiday responders, labels, archiving, complex seek, and safe two-step verification
· deal with a number of e mail bills jointly: POP, IMAP, internet mail, and alternate
· Get extra from your Google Chrome browser, and percentage bookmarks throughout your whole units
· Chat through textual content, audio, or video on Google Hangouts—and customise it to paintings simply how you wish
· take pleasure in your song all over, even if it’s kept in the community or within the cloud
· simply seize, edit, and proportion ideal images and movies
· rework your telephone or capsule right into a overall social networking hub
· Squeeze extra battery existence out of your Android device
Read Online or Download Android Tips and Tricks PDF
Similar tablets & e-readers books
A full-color reference for purchasing the main from your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10. 1! an unlimited development over the unique Galaxy Tab, the ten. 1 makes use of the most recent model of the Android working method and is a 4G LTE cellular machine. those upgrades—along with many others, together with the higher display caliber, greater internet looking with Flash, and higher multitasking capabilities—are all lined during this enjoyable and pleasant consultant to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.
The iPhone is the most popular device of our iteration, and masses of its good fortune has been fueled by means of the App shop, Apple's on-line market for iPhone functions. Over 1 billion apps have been downloaded throughout the 9 months following the release of the App shop, starting from the best video games to the main complicated company apps.
The hugely expected arrival of the Droid 2 runs at the most up-to-date model of Google's cellular working procedure and boasts a set of apps that wirelessly synchronize with Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Maps, and Microsoft trade. final For Dummies writer Dan Gookin exhibits you the way to maximise the functionality of your Droid 2 telephone in his specified fun-and-friendly demeanour, keeping your hand the whole approach.
- The Droid Pocket Guide
- Programming Chrome Apps: Develop Cross-Platform Apps for Chrome
- Seven Web Frameworks in Seven Weeks Adventures in Better Web Apps
- iPhone Book, The (Covers iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS)
- Algorithms in computational biology
Extra resources for Android Tips and Tricks
Here are three alternative keyboards to consider: ■ Hacker’s Keyboard (free) is a highly customizable keyboard that includes keys you normally find on hardware keyboards, such as Ctrl and Tab, but not on Android keyboards. This keyboard is great for remote access to computers. ■ SwiftKey Keyboard (free, but with in-app purchases) is a trace keyboard (like the Gesture Typing feature on the Google Keyboard) with strong predictive text features. 50) is a customizable keyboard that includes skins for different looks and optional transparency.
If possible, get a device that has the latest version of Android. At this writing, that means Marshmallow (Android 6). You can get bargains on older devices, but be clear that you may not be able to update them to newer versions of Android. C H A P T E R 1 | Getting Up to Speed with Android ■ Battery. If you plan to use your device extensively, look for a model that enables you to easily change the battery. ■ Budget device. When buying a budget Android device, choose a vanilla device—one without a skin—for better performance.
Tap the Back button below the screen to display the Automatic Rules screen again. CREATING CUSTOM AUTOMATIC RULES If configuring the Weekend, Weeknight, and Event automatic rules doesn’t cover all your needs for Do Not Disturb, you can create custom automatic rules. You can create either a time rule or an event rule. To create a new rule, tap the Add Rule button on the Automatic Rules screen. In the Add Rule dialog box that opens, type the name for the rule; tap the Time Rule radio button or the Event Rule radio button, as needed; and then tap the OK button.